Sunday, September 11, 2011

The good in my students



My students are awesome! They are 15-18 yrs. old (I teach high school) and they have so much energy and excitement about life! They also make me laugh all the time. :) They recently turned in their Student Information sheet which tells me about themselves and gives me important info. like phone numbers and such. At the end I have the question, "What other important information would you like me to know about you?" Here are some of the responses I got:

Student 1: "Sometimes breaks out into spontaneous dance."  (You have to know the student...this is true!!)
Student 2: "I am not very good at Spanish but I'll try my best."  (Ahhh, this makes me want to help her the best I can!)
Student 3: "I like chocolate."  (Good taste!)
Student 4: "I believe there is nothing more tantalizing than the aroma of a fresh baked chocolate cake in the oven."  (This from one of my quietest students...love this!)

Then a student saw me at the Festival Latinoamericano in Provo one night but didn't say "hi". The next day he told me, "Ms. Brown, I saw you at the festival last night but I was scared to say 'hi' because it's weird seeing teachers." I know!! Ha ha! It can be weird to see us wandering out of our natural habitat. :) I remember when I thought the same thing. :) As a teacher you really have to behave well always because you never know when a past or present student is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment